These are two rooms which can be booked by library users to discuss assignments or projects. Booking may be through online or onsite.
The Discussion Room is available for use by groups from two (2) up to four (4) students or staff who need to work together on a project.
Modes of Application
- Online via Facilities Booking or same-day walk-in request for unused rooms.
Terms and Conditions
- The room must be booked before use.
- Booking must be done one week prior to the date of use. The Library reserves the right to offer the rooms to users who have not made any previous bookings.
- Each booking period is for a maximum of 3 hours at a time.
- The library reserves the right to cancel the reservation after 10 minutes if the room is not used and there is no appearance by the applicant.
- Users must not move any furniture from or into the room.
- Users should not conduct their discussion activities in the room in a manner that will disturb other users of the library.
- Users must remove all trash or waste from the room when checking out.
- A user may not leave any personal belongings or unborrowed library books in the room. The library is not responsible for the loss of such items.
- The Library maintains the right to access the room at all times to conduct spot checks and / or maintenance and repairs.
- Any damage to furniture must be reported immediately to a librarian.
- The breaking of these rules will result in the suspension of selected library privileges for the applicant and uses of the room.
- Booking is not available during University vacations.
- All rooms must be vacated half an hour before library closing time.
- Writing on the walls
• Suspension or fines
Management reserves the right to reassign the room to any group without prior notice. Management reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions without prior notice. Library rules and regulations apply.